Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Time to Catch Up!

It's been awhile since my last post and so much has happened while I was away.  My days and weeks are running together because there is so much happening, but I spent the better part of last week doing homework, spending time with friends and family and enjoying this wonderful city.  This last weekend I had to hike...AGAIN. Don't get me wrong-I love hiking, but after 5 weekends in a row of hiking mountains, I'm tired of it.  It's part of my Health and Physical Education credit though, so I had to do it.  I chose the path less traveled and took the easy way out on Saturday morning as we hiked Cerro Arrco.  It was the coldest day in recorded history in Mendoza.  In other words, I was freezing me bum off.  The best part of that hike was looking forward to the relaxation of the spa right after.  We had a quick lunch of empanadas at the base of the mountain and loaded in the van for the spa.  Termas Cacheuta was the spa we stayed in, and it might have been the nicest in Mendoza, but I can't say for sure.  It had natural hot springs that we got to soak in, mud baths, saunas, a massage cabin, and more.  It was very relaxing, but stressful at the same time.  I had finals on my mind and the fact that I hate people rubbing my back, especially when it's intense.  I'm not ungrateful, I was just stressed for a moment there.  That night at the spa we had a wine tasting, really great food, and fun with friends.  The next day we swam in the hot springs, gave ourselves a mud bath with total exfoliation, and had a massage before we headed back to reality.  Reality is a bummer.  Two finals to prepare for, a skit to create, gifts to buy, and to top it all off...PACKING. My least favorite thing in the entire world.  This week is already going by so quickly, I'm not ready for my trip here to end! So, that means posting these pictures and saying Ciao until later because I'm off to adventures!










Here are some more pictures that I have found through other people's facebook pages, therefore they are not mine, I have no right to them, but I'm posting them because I like 'em! :)

Before ziplining.

Geared up!

After ziping, crossing the bridge we just zipped over
.
The whole gang after propelling, ziplining and hiking.

Tango


Folklore










Just in case you forgot about my traumatic monkey experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment