I'm trying to study my español, but I've had just about enough. This preterite/imperfect past tense is killing me.
Preterite: Used for a specific action in the past. If there is a specific time that something happened use preterite. Por ejemplo, I went to the store from 2-4; that my friends is preterite.
Imperfecto: Used when you don't know what the heck is going on. Sometimes it happens at this time, other times it happens at this time. Por ejemplo, I was at the store. Well, I don't know when you went to the store, or if you're even still at the store. All I know is YOU WENT TO THE STORE!
Hookay, I've explained the very vague and basic concept, but the thing is there are rules to each verb, and exceptions to every rule. I wanna murder the preterite/imperfecto past tense. On a lighter note, this Hawaii guy from my class says this everytime we discuss this topic: "Yeah, so uhh, when we use preterite and imperfecto..." Literally, he says preterite in English and imperfect in Spanish. I die of laughter. I laugh at him though, not with him, because it's just that funny. Then I remember what we're talking about and die inside.
I should be studying for my Final Exam I have tomorrow, but I'm le tired of learning Spanglish and have decided to blog instead. YAY for you! :)
I was going through more pictures and found some I left out that are FANtasTIC! You'll love 'em, I promise!
![]() |
| I'm really blessed to be in Argentina. |
![]() |
| There were beds of water we had to climb over when we went canyoning in San Raf. |
![]() |
| I know you've seen this one, but it's closer up. |
![]() |
| Tiny wittle waterfall. |
![]() |
| Could I be any more beautiful in relation to, "COULD I BE WEARING ANYMORE CLOTHES?" |
![]() |
| I have died and gone to Heaven. |
![]() |
| Literally. |
![]() |
| This was part of our tour in San Raf. |
![]() |
| The whole gang from San Raf! |
![]() |
| There I am! Hiking like a little pansy girl that I am! |
![]() |
| Dried prunes from the Bodega (vineyard) we visited. |
![]() |
| Eating lunch near the lake with friends. |
![]() |
| The front of our condo. |
![]() |
| We just finished our hike up the mountain. |
![]() |
| There were roosters at the Bodega we visited. Hawkward |
![]() |
| Hello future husband on the right. I like 'em tall and hairy. |
![]() |
| I am a llama that spits in your face. |
![]() |
| Myself, in front of a waterfall we climbed. |
![]() |
| Two really great girls I've met on the trip. |
![]() |
| Looking back at the commotion. |
![]() |
| Looking forward. |
![]() |
| I is a pretty cactus. |
![]() |
| How majestic is He? |
![]() |
| Desiree, my friend from Florida. |
![]() |
| That's me ziplining. |
I don't know that I can handle leaving Mendoza. I was terrified to even come on this Study Abroad trip, but now I'm so comfortable and in my own skin, I never want to leave. I miss my family and friends back home, but nothing compares to living a life full of adventure, learning new things, and becoming the best person you can be through Christ Jesus.
7 more days until I get back to the States, so I'm making them count...
No comments:
Post a Comment