Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Hablar Con Mi Familìa

¡Hola! Last week I was able to talk with my family back at home and I thoroughly enjoyed it, to the point of writing on my blog about it.  I purchased a calling card (it's pink) and called my Madre first.  I talked with her before talking to my Padre for Father's Day, Popo for Father's Day and then Mimi for a short while to say hello and tell them how much I missed them.  I then called my sister to talk with my precious babies, Bryce, Mia and Kendall.  Mia was asleep so I wasn't able to reassure her that I AM coming home so she doesn't need to miss me too much.  Kendall was a phone hog and wouldn't let other people talk to me.  If someone tried taking the phone away from her she would get mad and say, "NO! MY AUDREY!", and it might have been the cutest thing ever.  I talked with my sister, Cortney for awhile about life in Argentina and how much I miss everyone.  I even thanked my stinky brother-in-law for being such a good Dad to my babies.  And by my babies I mean my nieces and nephew, just to clarify. ¿Claro? ¡Muy bien! Cortney had to end the call abruptly because Kendall needed to get on stage and perform.  Her act was burning herself on her Mother's straightner.  What a show! Then, saving the best for last, I called Grandmommie to talk for approximately 23 minutes, so said my calling card.  I wanted to reassure her that I was doing well in Argentina and making many memories to share with my children's children someday. Most importantly, I wanted to thank her for her answered prayers.  She repeatedly told me before I left that should would pray for me daily and I know that God answered her, blessing me.  I can only be amazed at the family God has provided me, and thankful that He would go to such lengths to listen to a prayer from my sweet Grandmommie, just to keep me safe.  The saying you don't realize what you have until it's gone comes to mind a lot while away from my family.  They are all very important to me and being away from them for 6 weeks has made me realize what an impact they have on my life. 

To my family,

Thank you for everything you do.  I may not show it or say it near enough, but your love and support are what keeps me going in my journey.  I owe you everything for this chance you have all somehow provided for me to learn and grow into the woman God has created me to be.  I look forward to the many years ahead I have with you and pray that God would continue to bless us all with His love and mercy. 

Con Amor,

Audrey Gwyn

No comments:

Post a Comment