Tuesday, June 7, 2011

¡Felíz Cumpleaños!

On Sunday, we went over to my Madre's brother's house.  This is part of the family I had never met before.  I went over there with my oldest brother, Tomas, and met many more family members.  We were there celebrating this little girl's birthday.  She reminded me of myself; I could almost see tears in her eyes from being so shy when we sang her happy birthday.  I wanted to wrap her in my arms she was so sweet.  We had lots of meat for lunch and some other potatoe side dishes with vegetables. 

This pretty pup, Sol, would plop down right on my feet. 

Sol is Sun in español.  In case you didn't know.

All of the trees in Mendoza are planted by the people.  They are everywhere and so green.  I loved looking at all the fruit trees my Madre's brother had in his backyard.

Reminds me of Sunday's in the States!

I really started missing summer after seeing this, but then I thought, I'm in ARGENTINA! There isn't time to miss anything!


The girl next to me is Zyrah and she is from Hawaii.  She is staying with cousins of my family.  The little girl in the middle was turning 10.  The other girls are cousins.

After lunch I struck up a conversation with the Birthday Girl and another little girl there.  They LOVED Zyrah and myself and thought it was the funniest thing ever that we didn't know any Spanish.  Little kids are the best teachers though! They took out their English books and for over two hours were teaching us different phrases and words.  They would quiz us and get in our face if we didn't remember.  I was sad to leave them and one of the girls almost cried when I said goodbye.  I know I've made two precious friends with them.  

No comments:

Post a Comment