We are walking through the zoo and I notice that this particular zoo houses a lot of monkeys. Monkeys are fine, unless I start thinking about the movie Outbreak where a monkey killed tons of people due to a virus...that freaks a girl out, but I digress. So we are walking and notice that most of the cute little monkeys can reach their arms through the fence to reach for things we give them, such as leaves. Everyone was excited to touch the monkeys hand, I was excited to get my GermX out of my backpack.
We make our way through the zoo and are walking up a hill when all of a sudden, out of no where a pink-butted (I don't know what these specific monkeys are named, and I don't care to find out) monkey is out of its cage walking towards us. At this point I stand motionless and feel warmness creep down my pants as I back away from the ill advised conversing with other species situation. All the girls walking with me run up to it to have him sign autographs and snap photos. I wanted to scale a wall, do the zipline with no harness, eat monkey poop before I got anywhere close to that THING (maybe not the last one). I quickly shimmy around that THING and keep walking, not looking back. I notice everyone is stopped at an exhibit and peek in to see what the fuss is about (the next part can be graphic). I look down to find that a goat is being gang raped. No exaggeration in those words. Pure filth. At this point in the zoo trip I'm green from nausea, my pants are warm, and if I never see a monkey again that would be perfectly satisfying. I'm walking towards the exit and realize we have to walk through ANOTHER monkey exhibit before we can leave. We walk through and see that some other pink-butted monkies are walking around but all the others are in the cage. There were hundreds of them in one big cage and it smelled so bad. My Poppie used to say don't go near the pink-butted monkeys or they'll throw shit at you. It was worse. I witnessed one of the monkeys eating another. This became no laughing matter and I was seriously disturbed to witness a monkey knawing on a leg of another monkey. I'm writing a letter to PETA as we speak.
It was an interesting day to say the least, and I am looking forward to the day that image is out of my mind. What a terrible zoo experience.
They also feed live cats to the bears...
Just in case you were wondering what it looked like...
![]() |
| Oh hai there. |
![]() |
| The front of the zoo. |
![]() |
| Imma bear. |
![]() |
| Poor babies didn't even have much water to play in. |
![]() |
| Little nasty. |
![]() |
| Imma monkey. OUT OF MY CAGE. |
![]() |
| It almost sat on my shoulder. Then I ran away. Lovely day at the Zoo... |











No comments:
Post a Comment