Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Rafting in the River

On Saturday we were able to choose between several different excursions to go on with the Baylor group.  I wanted to go with a group of different people than I normally hang out with, so I picked rafting.  I know you must think I'm crazy because of how cold it is, but it really wasn't that bad.  They layer you up with so many clothes, you hardly feel the water on your body.  

We started off at 9 in front of the Hyatt Hotel, our middle ground for meeting up with one another, and loaded into a van to the mountains.  The drive up there was so beautiful!


Everything was so green and sunny on Saturday.  We were all tired from the week before so we just sat back and enjoyed the view.  There were six of us that went rafting, the perfect number.  One of the six was a student from Hawaii and I really enjoyed getting to know him better.  

Once we got there we took a look around the place and had coffee to warm us up before we changed into our wetsuits.  

Baylor girls in front of the mountains!

Baylor friends inside the shop.



I fell in love with this dog. We named him Max!
This is where we had lunch after rafting.  I'm jealous of myself.




  After we hung out for a bit, we were instructed to change into our wetsuits and other clothes.  I've never worn a wetsuit before...

I'm bringing sexy all the way back!

Our group with our tour guide, Pablo.
























































After rafting, we had a nice lunch on the patio next to the mountains.  We ordered potatoes and fillet with empanadas and wine.  It was a glorious celebration for accomplishing nothing! LOVE IT.

We also had flan with dulce de leche for dessert.  Not my favorite, but it looks pretty.


Looks pretty, tastes like...egg with sugar on top.




After lunch we were able to lay out and wait for our van ride back home.  I just soaked it all in because it really was one of the most beautiful landscapes I've ever seen before.

Where I layed out.

A view of the shop we had coffee in. 

Rafting was an awesome adventure! My legs were tired and sore the next day, as well as my arms, but I felt so refreshed with my experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment