Tuesday, June 21, 2011

San Rafael

San Raefael in one word is quaint. I went there. I used that word. This may be the cutest little blog entry you will read.  It is a ity-bitty town in the Province of Mendoza, about four hours away from the city Mendoza.  There is canopying, canyoning, four-wheeling, wine touring, etc.  We started off then weekend with eating lunch at a little restaurant on the corner of our street we stayed on.  I had what is called Ñoquis.  It is a pasta potato dish, and it is divine.  I enjoyed every calorie, just like a girl should.  We then walked around and explored the city.  It looks similar to Mendoza, but it is much smaller.  The people were very friendly, especially to foreigners because it is a tourist hot spot.  We went back to our hotel, Tierra Mora, that night and cooked dinner.  We had pasta with vegetables and wine.  After dinner, we sat on our patio upstairs and had worship together.  You don't have a worship session until you have it on a balcony overlooking the mountains in Argentina (I know you do, I'm just saying for emphasis).  The next morning we got up early to go canopying and canyoning.  It's easier to say we went ziplining, so I'll just stick to that.  First was canyoning; this is where you walk in the river bed that is dry.  It was the prettiest landscape I have seen thus far in Argentina.  We rockclimbed over waterfalls and hiked along once rushing waters.  It is surreal to be in that position! From there we went ziplining like I did the weekend before.  This time, the course had seven lines and they were all very long.  By the fifth one I was ready to be done because it can be physically exhausting to zipline.  I did get some great pictures out of it though! We went home early that day and slept for a couple of hours before we got up to get ready to go and have dinner.  We went to a nice place that was recommended by several locals.  Can you guess what I ate? I bet you can't.  I'll just tell you...Ñoquis! That is how much I enjoy that dish.  Google it.  Everyone was pretty tired after dinner, a few of us went and met our tour guide at a bar, but not for long before we headed back to our condo.  The next day was filled with more tourist attractions and ended with a wine tour.  I'm guessing in summertime it is even more beautiful because of the greenery and fresh grapes on trees.  I was able to purchase some AWESOME things (It's a secret!) to bring back home with me.  We then had a four hour bus drive back home where I started my week off with many assignments due for the week.  Lo siento if I don't get around to blogging much this week.  I have assignments, oral presentations and meetings I have to attend.  I am so tired, I think I could sleep for a month straight and not realize it.  BUT I'M HAVING FUN!

¡Hasta luego!

Lo siento! These pictures are not in order, but I will explain each one.


The outside of our condo.

The park in San Raf.

This was a cute little shop.



The place that accomodated all of our excursions.



All the sweet girls from the trip.






Pictures above are of us canyoning.

The whole group. Can you find me?




My sweet friend, Des.




Overlooking the water where we ziplined.


Right before we started the course.

One of the longest ziplines.






I don't know what that says, but it was terrifying.

With our tour guides.

Oh squash, how I miss you!

So American. Four wheeler, hanging cattle, and Ford.

The vineyard we toured.
If there are grammatical or punctuation mistakes in my blog entry, please ignore them.  I am physically and mentally exhausted from being in a different country and keeping up with the language.  That should be a good enough excuse for my mishaps. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment