Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Tango like Rango

TANGGGGOOOOO. TANNGOOO. Have you ever seen the movie Rango? You have?! Awesome! Everytime I say Tango I always say it how the owls sing Rango, if that makes any sense.  If you haven't seen the movie please forgive my weirdness and just skip down to the pictures. 


Tango was/is/are inneresting.  It definitely gave me some perspective on my dance abilities.  Every dance session was filled with awkward moments, armpit sweat, and me falling on my booty...sometimes.  First of all, it was hot in that dance studio and I sweat when I dance.  I'm not ashamed.  Then, my Tango Instructor LOVED to pick on me because I was the only one in our class that didn't know Spanish that well.  He thought it was HIGHlarious to talk with me and I would just give him a look and walk off.  We bonded so well.  Then, on top of it all, sometimes I would actually try and dance, not just be a wallflower and wait for someone to notice that I wasn't dancing, but it sometimes ended badly.  Like the one day that my partner rammed me into another duo dancing and I twisted my ankle.  Yeah, that was a fun dance sess.  All in all, my dance skills improved and I actually LEARNED the steps of the Tango and Folklore.  I had to come home and show my moves to my family...alone.  AHH, my life.  I need a partner to dance people.  


Hookay, I can't believe I'm actually about to say this, but I have pictures from Tango that I will put up...now.  Unfortunately.


This probably could get more embarrassing.  

Ivan, my Tango Instructor.

It just got more embarrassing.  Just so everyone knows, I'm supposed to look like that at his chest and be awkward.  It's required!

No comments:

Post a Comment