One of our excursions was visiting the Bodega, Alta Vista, followed by a trip to the local Art Museum, Casa de Fader. The Tango group had to go separately because we had Tango lessons in the afternoon then the excursion right after. We stopped for lunch at a Director of the Program's house and it was beautiful! I wish I had pictures of that lovely place but unfortunately, I don't. The only thing I didn't like about my visit there was her possession of a Rottweiler. No me gusta. I loathe those dogs after being attacked TWICE by one.
We moved onto Alta Vista after lunch where they explained the in's and out's of vineyards. We took a tour of the factory and how their operations are run in the making and shipping of their wine. We then were able to taste their wine. I'm not a huge wine fanatic, but learning how to taste the wine was what really struck me to find the passion in drinking wine. It's a form of art the way you taste and smell your wine before enjoying it. After tasting about six different wines we headed for the Mueseo. I'm confused as to why we went to the Bodega first, got a buzz, and then they put us in a Museum. Put me in a bed for crying out loud!
I tried being enthusiastic about our Casa de Fader tour, but my eyes were dropping (wine obviously makes me sleepy-sleepy!) and I was ready for the weekend ahead. The Museum was a renovated house that belonged to an artist, hince the name Casa de Fader. It held various forms of art from sculptures to oil paintings but all forms were based on his life and the people in it. I enjoyed watching his stages of progression in his art and how he really showed the beauty of all people and things in different ways. I appreciated seeing his art work displayed through real women having curves, a wooden cross that represents EVERYTHING, and his old walls being chipped away to reveal his, what I like to call, late-night masterpieces.
Life was good in Argentina at this point in my trip! I was ready to see and explore everything and was able to mark off two things on my list of things to see while in Mendoza when I visited the Bodega and Museum.
 |
| Outside of Alta Vista. |
 |
| If I remember correctly, this is where the wine is made. |
 |
| Checking temperatures and such. I'm a wine pro! |
 |
| Casa de Fader. |
 |
| Everything. |
No comments:
Post a Comment