Monday, May 23, 2011

Mi Casa es Su Casa

I was told to make myself at home many times my first night in my new home.  I tried my best, but it is very much out of my comfort zone.  La familia has very few rules to their house (none at all, actually) and they give me much freedom.  They allow me to use their computers, television, and anything else I need.  They bought my cell phone for down here, and see to it that I am making it to school safely.  I have a room that is seperate from the others and a bathroom that is connected to my room.  The house la familia owns was built by my Padre's Padre because he was an architect.  If I could explain it the best way, it would be that if this house was in New Orleans it would be a street away from Bourbon.  What they call the BAR STREET is just around the corner from mi casa.  (Don't worry, Mom, I won't be going there...much)

Here are some pictures of mi casa:


This is the balcony overlooking the main street la familia lives on.  The driving is pretty crazy and if you aren't careful you can get seriously hurt.  It's kind of like holding your Mom's hand while walking across the street, dangerous.

This is their dining room table.  We haven't had a meal here yet, but I will be eating lunch and dinner here.


This cool staircase leads to several floors.


This is my bathroom.  I shower downstairs, but I am afforded the luxury of having a private half-bath.


My bedroom is a lot bigger in person might actually be bigger than my bedroom at home.  There is the desk for studying, bookcases, and several nightstands for me to set my things.  Not pictured is a hall closet full of space across from my bathroom.


This is the front of their house.  It is beautiful!


Again, the front of their house.


This is a sitting room that is quiet and away from the street.  There is a view of the backyard that is very colorful and full of plants.  I think this would be a place that I come to study.


There are many more pictures and adventures to be told, but this is only my first full day in Argentina and at school.  (I just had orientation) I will be keeping up with blogging as much as possible and load as many pictures as I can. 

To hold you until my next blog, this is the dessert I had for lunch:



No comments:

Post a Comment